Annette Adrian Hanna's art education included study at the Art Student's League of New York, Centenary College, New Jersey, and private study with John Howard Sanden and Burt Silverman. Originally an oil painter, she gravitated to pastel and is influenced by Degas, Cassatt, and Wm. Merritt Chase. Always committed to drawing, she considers pastel a drawing as well as painting medium with exciting possibilities in the treatment of the medium.
She has exhibited widely nationally and internationally including China and Japan, and is a consistent award winner. Recent awards include:
· Best in Show - Pen and Brush Club, New York
· Medal of Honor - American Artist's Professional League exhibit at Salmagundi Club, NY
· Medal of Honor - Catherine Lorillard Wolfe Club, NY
· Award in Figure and Landscape Categories in the 100 Artist Competition of the Pastel Journal
· First Prize Portrait Award - American Society of Portrait Artist's Festival, Montgomery, Ala.
· Purchase Award at Pastel Society of America exhibition, National Arts Club, NY
Hanna has been featured in American Artist magazine both for her oils and pastels. She is a signature member of the Pastel Society of America and is included in Best of Pastels II, Rockport Publishers, Rockport, MA. She enjoys teaching as well as painting and has classes with Morris County Art Association in Morristown and Boonton, NJ and Somerset Art Association in Bedminster, NJ
Annette Adrian Hanna, PSA
Fine Art Studio
6 Overlook Road
Boonton Twp, NJ 07005
Web site: www.blackwell-st-artists.org
< Back to Signature member listing